Tuesday 12 January 2010

1C13 - Spread the love

I heard some great news today. Two good friends of mine who both work in ministries are going to be working through the 1C13 challenge with groups from their number.

I'm so glad that so many of us are getting on board with this, it is our voice and support that turn this idea into a reality. I keep imagining hotspots of patience spreading across the globe, little sections of the community where people are trying intentionally to love those around them better. I imagine the power we all have to impact others lives just by focussing, and trying, and by living intentionally with the goal in mind:

"love one another, even as I have loved you"

I wonder what Paul was thinking as he wrote his letter to the Corinthians. I wonder if he knew his words would carry through the ages and continue to be lived out by us. Probably, pretty smart guy that Paul!

So, welcome Johns Creek and El Pozo folks, welcome to our journey :)

1 comment:

  1. Ash....I read this this morning and thought I'd share it with you...I think it's goes quite well with what we are doing in this LOVE CHALLENGE....
    On this day, God wants you to know...
    ... that there is no such thing as conditional love. Love is either unconditional or it's no love. You might like someone conditional on their personality or behavior or circumstances. But love accepts no boundaries. So never say 'I love you because', for love has no cause, love comes from God.

    ReplyDelete